Located on the eastern Navajo reservation, Dibe Yazhi Habitiin Community school also known as Borrego Pass School is a community-based day school located at the base of a 7,500 foot mountain pass near the crest of the Continental Divide situated 65 miles northeast of Gallup, New Mexico and 120 miles west of Albuquerque, New Mexico. It is located on County Road 19 - 13 miles SE of Crownpoint, New Mexico. Originally established as a Bureau of Indian Affairs boarding school, Borrego Pass School as played a vital role in the community. The school provides educational services in the early 1950.
Littlewater, Casamero Lake, Borrego Pass, Crownpoint, Prewitt, Smith Lake and Mariano Lake. BPS is a BIE funded community school from Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Student population is 100% Navajo of which 100% of our student qualify for the free and reduced lunch program.
School Hours: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- School Doors open in morning at 7:25 am
- No students drop-offs in the morning before 7;50 am
- Bus change requests will not be honored
- Days when you are unavailable for bus stop meal distribution, please call the school to submit your daily attendance.
- Parents of a student displaying COVID symptoms will be notified and must immediately come to pick up their child. Parent must present a copy of negative COVID test result before student will be allowed to return to school.
- Pickup students from front office of school only!
- Those visiting the school are required to visit Office FIRST to sign-in and get visitor pass!
- Attendance is submitted twice a day (by 8:15 am and again by 1:15 pm.)
- Those students who arrive after 8:00 am need to check-in/receive a tardy slip at front office before going to their classroom
*PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE PRIOR TO 2:00 PM FOR STUDENTS PICK-UP. CALLS AFTER 2:00 PM WILL NOT LONGER BE ACCEPTED. THANK YOU.*